Helpful Videos I've Collected

Friday, May 21, 2010

Making Head Templates? Frustrating!

Okay, today was very frustrating. Other than the first 14 pages, the book is really good. Very good information about cap construstion and sewing seams. I need to practice making darts. Before any of this, I need to learn how to make a head template. Today's attempts were disastrous! The shower cap method didn't work for me. I tried the saran wrap method, but I don't have the correct tape. I made it anyway and it sucks so badly, I didn't have the heart to take a picture of it. I'll try it again maybe Monday. The book has a great worksheet for taking measurements. I want to transfer the measurements right onto the canvas head (covered in blue painter's tape). I want to do this right, so I'm going to work at getting the head template right.

Learning the different types of laces was enlightening. The thing is, can they be found?

Back to the drawing board.

1 comment:

  1. This is an easy way of making a template:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqQssZ8_V5g

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget